EIFS Synthetic Stucco Services
Before water-resistant barriers were developed by manufacturers, it was fairly common that older structures experienced many issues. One common problem experienced was that improperly sealed joints allowed moisture to penetrate walls, which is the reason for major structural damage to commercial property.
EIFS- Exterior Insulation and finishing system, also known as Synthetic Stucco became popular in Europe for about a quarter-century before it became popular in the United States in the 1970s. It consists of rigid foam insulation board attached to the wall, topped by a base coat of synthetic stucco reinforced with mesh and a textured finish coat of synthetic stucco. It’s waterproof, highly energy-efficient and relatively inexpensive.
Because it is not really a common system, some synthetic stucco contractors advise their clients that trying to protect a wood-frame building by covering the outside with a waterproof barrier isn’t a good idea. But the truth remains that if the leak develops — which will happen eventually — the outer skin traps the water within the wall, leading to decay and mold of your property. Moreover, because the problem might be unrelated to the cladding on your house make it harder to hire someone to fix the problem.
Stucco Repair Albuquerque focuses on being your one-stop store for everything EIFS. Our EIFS experts have the ability to complete an EIFS inspection, do the necessary repairs, and re-inspect to provide an up to date and accurate inspection report after repairs have been completed. Our knowledge of stucco as a cladding system and the products associated with it are second to none as we make use of materials that include a waterproof layer behind the foam insulation, plus gaps, channels or other features that allow any water that gets inside you walls or ceilings to safely drain away.
The EIFS materials we make use of at Stucco Repair Albuquerque are backed by the following components according to the EIFS Industry Members Association:
• Moisture barrier and drainage planes
• Foam insulation board
• Water-resistant base-coat embedded with fiberglass reinforcing mesh
• Finish coat that typically includes colorfast, fast-resistant acrylic
Stucco Repair Albuquerque is focused on mixing new technologies with old-fashioned elbow grease. We are proficient in all phases of EIFS including:
• Moisture intrusion investigations
• 3rd party EIFS inspections for new repair projects and general plan review
• User-friendly reports including diagrams and digital images
• Complete wall restoration including all necessary framing repairs
• Seamless EIFS stucco repairs for a uniform appearance
• Caulking/Sealing proper joints restoration
• Flashing installation and repairs
• Pressure washing using special chemicals and low pressure spray
• Elastomeric coating installation to enhance appearance and longevity
Our team is ready to take on even the most complex of the jobs. To us, at Stucco Repair Albuquerque, the bigger the project, and the more excited we are to get started. We ensure every job is
completed to the anticipate standard of quality that you set. We have the experience and expertise needed to get the job done as we value our clients and their welfare.